Sunday, September 21, 2008

How Beautiful

I have been doing an amazing study called Breaking Free by Beth Moore. I can't even begin to go into how much God has revealed to me. something that he has laid on my heart is the issue of insecurity. I was shown that insecurity is sin, I know seems strange, but it is. when you think negatively about yourself what does that say about the one who created you???

Yes, I know we make choices that make us who we are, but the very core of who you are was put there by God. The creator of the universe, the beginning and the end, do you think he make mistakes? I don't. The world, our circumstances and choices have shaped what we think of ourselves. But God says differently.

" I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels" (Isa. 61:10)

This is how Christ sees us, we are beautiful to him, we are his brides. No matter what you have done, no matter what has happened to you, You are beautiful to Christ!
I have been deeply affected by this because I have struggled all my life with insecurity, very debilitating insecurity. Now I look to my father who created me and I know that I am beautiful, no matter what anyone thinks, says, or does, my Father thinks that I am beautiful, and that is all I need.

4 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! :)

    By the way....you ARE beautiful...even by the worlds standards. Inside and OUT!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that Bible Study you are doing. I had to deal with trusting god while I was going through it. i am so thankful for Beth Moore and her listening to God to do a study like this. It really changed my walk for the better. I love the Lord whole heartedy and trust him completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather, I gave you an award on my blog. Stop by so you can receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I got the right blogspot this time.

    ReplyDelete