Monday, August 4, 2008

The amazing 4yr old......

Ok, my daughter has totally amazed me. The 4 yr old that we were potty training has done an incredible job. She will all on her own without telling anybody go to the bathroom and go, then she will come running out yelling " I went potty", usually with pants around the ankle but who cares, SHE WENT POTTY! The other night we went to an Omaha Royals game, I am thinking this could be trouble, but nope, she went twice at the field, fell asleep on the way home, didn't have an accident and went when we got home. I know this may seem trivial to some, but to a mother, THIS IS HUGE!!!!
So, what I expected to be a horrible week of messes, has turned into a wonderful week of freedom, for her and for me. Thank you God that you care about the little things in our lives.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome blog, I know how wonderful that is to have them doing it on there own. Of course your girls are so smart. Will be looking for lady pants for her, What are you going to do with all your spare time now???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know maybe I'll sit on my couch and eat bon bons all day:)
    Not likely....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I really enjoyed your blog! As a mother it can be a HUGE thing when they finally don't need the pull-ups anymore! Think of the money you will save, I think you will have enough to buy a truck with big tires on it!! (Brett was at our house awhile back saying that you would really like a truck like that becasue they drive them in Texas)! If you do get a truck like that I want a ride in it!!!! I like to try new things. I'm also glad our Heavenly Father cares about the little things in life too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a big girl now! She's even starting to look more mature. I noticed that Sunday night when we were there. She's losing some of her 'babyness'. Doesn't that make you want to cry?????? It does me and she's not even mine!!!

    OK. Now that I've upset you...I can go:)

    Love ya, sister!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been truly blessed. I am jealous. It has been not going very well lately with Kharis. I think she knows baby is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete