Friday, January 21, 2011

Amazing Grace

 This last week God has taken me on a journey through His Grace. I am quick to expect his grace for me, and yet not show that grace to others. Grace does not mean giving in to something, or being a doormat. Grace is about loving others, no matter what the circumstances. I admit that I have not thought about His grace much, until recently. I look back on the events that led me to Christ and I am overwhelmed with His Amazing Grace! If not for that grace, I would not be here today. 

For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.    Luke 19:10

We have had some recent events that have made me focus on the Grace that I was shown, and has forced me to decide whether or not I am going to show that same kind of Grace. Trust me....it's not easy!
God continues to speak to my heart about the His grace to me, and the grace I was shown by others. As I have been praying about this I ran across this quote:

You will never be called upon to give anyone more grace than God has already given you - Max Lucado.

This really convicted me. I was so undeserving, and so unlovable, and yet I was shown limitless grace by countless people. Not only did God bestow His grace on me, he used other people to show me what it looks like! How can I walk around unwilling to give people grace when it was so freely shown to me. I did not know that some of those people would make such an impact on my life, and forever remind me of what it looks like to be obedient to God. What if God wants me to be that to someone else? What if I am so busy worrying about myself that I miss that opportunity to show God's grace to someone?  I am praying that He will clearly show those people to me, and that most importantly I will be open to hearing him, and be obedient.

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.      2 Corinthians 12:9-10

1 comment: